I have to agree with Matticus when he concludes that the egg came before the chicken because “there must have been a mutation at some point along the way where a prior species of animal created an egg that became the world’s first chicken.”
Evolutionary theory along with many fossils, a good knowledge of bird anatomy and knowledge of the anatomy of many other creatures has shown us that birds probably evolved from a specific range of dinosaur types. These dinosaur types laid eggs; if that wasn’t enough, amphibians laid eggs before dinosaurs did, so did fish. So you see, in all likelihood, the egg most certainly came before the chicken.
I rest my case.
- This side (spunkywayfarer.wordpress.com)
- Tug of War: Chicken or Egg? (klling.wordpress.com)
- The Matticus Kingdom # 200 (enchantedseashells.com)
- Chicken or Egg? (paradelle.wordpress.com)
- Down with Eggs – Chickens RULE (stephrogers.com)